There are two ways to set up your student's program book - on Thread Web (desktop or mobile), or on Thread's iPad app. These two tools have different features.
Use Thread's iPad app: To set up a program book using curriculum, or to apply your program to multiple students at once.
Use either Thread Web (for desktop or mobile) OR the iPad app: To set up a program book using Thread's program templates with your own original content. Access to curriculum is not available at this time. Setup for one student at a time.
iPad app program book setup
Required for use with curriculum library, or to set up a program book for multiple students at once.
- Open the Thread app on your iPad and login.
- Tap the book icon in the upper right corner.
There is now a choice:
- To use YOUR curriculum: Scroll down and tap Curriculum from the left column. NEXT TAP THE SMALL HEADING at the top "TheraCare EI Curriculum", then choose categories or follow on-screen prompts to set up your program book.
- To set up a program book with original contents (no curriculum) select a program type (Discrete Trial, Task Analysis, Frequency, Duration, Interval) from the left-hand column.
Last steps on Ipad app:
- Complete (or modify) all fields in the program book template. Fields including the program name, definition, targets, and student selection are required.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner. NOTE: if the program doesn't save, look for red text indicating a required field is missing.
Thread Web program book setup
Thread web is available for desktop and mobile use. This method doesn't access your curriculum library. It can handle program book setup for one student at a time.
- Login to Thread Web at mobile.threadlearning.com
- Click on Program Portal on the menu (upper left corner)
- Click on a student.
- Click on + New Program (blue button under student's profile image)
- Choose a program type (Discrete Trial, Task Analysis, Frequency, Duration, Interval)
- Enter the program name and complete all fields.
- Once all required fields are completed, the Save button will become active.
- Press Save.