Thread is migrating from a shared team login environment to a new platform with individual logins. Users will receive a central administrative module for managing students and staff, a web version of Thread for use on tablets, phones (including Android), or desktop, and major performance improvements.
Contact us via in-app chat from your Thread iPad application to begin planning your migration.
If you have not been contacted regarding migration, please reach out via in-app chat before starting this process. Here is a summary of the migration steps:
- Check Thread settings for correct first name, last name, and email address. This email address will be your unique Thread identifier - no typos, no duplicates!
- Deactivate any instructors who are no longer with the organization.
- Update everyone's Thread app to the latest version.
- In everyone's iPad settings, turn on auto-updates.
- Tell us you are ready to schedule your migration! Email invitations will be sent to your staff BEFORE migration.
The day BEFORE migration please make sure every user:
- Opens their email invitation, clicks the link, and sets up a password.
- Logs off of Thread at the end of the day.
- On the morning after migration, everyone logs in using their email address and new password.
A) Verify each Thread user has a typo-free first name, last name, and email address:
- Open Thread and choose your profile from the team screen.
- Tap the settings gear in the upper right-hand corner.
- Make sure BOTH first and last name are input correctly. If there is no last name please add it.
- Make sure the email address is correct (IMPORTANT!)*
- Tap Save if any changes were made.
- Tap OK when you see "Profile updated successfully."
*IMPORTANT: the email address will be each user's unique identifier. Your invitation to set up individual logins is sent to the email address in these Thread settings.
B) Deactivate any users who are no longer with the organization:
- Login as the user who is no longer with the organization (from the team screen).
- Tap the settings gear in the upper right.
- Click Deactivate Profile.
- Click Deactivate.
The following video shows:
00:00 Tap the settings gear and make changes to profile name and email address.
00:31 See verification the changes are saved.
00:34 tap Switch Instructor and choose a different profile - someone no longer with the organization.
00:48 Tap the settings gear and deactivate this user profile.
C) Update Thread to the current version on all your iPads:
- Tap the Thread help (?) icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click Check for Update to visit the App Store.
- Get the current version by selecting Update in the store.
D) Turn on auto-updates so you'll get Thread version updates automatically:
- Navigate to the iPad's desktop and tap the iPad settings gear icon.
- Tap your name icon at the top, just under the "Settings" heading.
- On the right, tap iTunes & App Store.
- Find the Updates switch and flip it on.
E) Tell us you are ready! We will schedule your migration day and send email invitations to your staff the day before migration.
F) The day BEFORE migration, please make sure every user accepts their invitation, creates a password, and logs off at the end of the day.
- Find your Thread invitation in your email inbox. This invitation is triggered anytime a new user is added to an organization in Thread. Check spam and junk folders.
- Click the link in the invitation.
- Check your profile details and make corrections.
- Set up your own password and submit.
- Log off at the end of the day.
- Thread engineering will migrate your full team at the end of the day.
G) On the morning after migration is completed, everyone will login using their email addresses.
- Navigate to threadlearning.com and click Login.
- Choose Use My Email Login (Beta).
- Enter your email address and password, then click SIGN IN.