Last Updated: P20190118SBL
In Thread it’s easy to write programs from scratch in real time for immediate use with students. In addition, Thread has a pre-loaded curriculum library filled with programs you can use as-is or customize as needed. Our default curriculum was provided by BCBAs at The Hawthorne Foundation, and it’s available to all Thread users including those still using Thread on a free-trial basis.
Once your Thread trial is complete and you sign on with us, we’ll customize Thread to suit your needs. One facet of our customized on-boarding process is the ability to load curriculum YOU provide. This can be done in bulk during initial setup, but also later as you build new programs.
Methods for submitting curriculum
Submit bulk curriculum during on-boarding
Our team will talk with you about the initial curriculum load and propose an efficient method for getting your library to us, so that we can load it for you.
Submit additional pieces of curriculum later
Create your program under our test student B.F. Skinner and tell us exactly where in your curriculum it belongs. See the image below for a quick at-a-glance list of info we'll need; you can tell us in a sentence for one-offs or in list format as shown. Submit this via in-app chat or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scroll down if you'd like step-by-step instructions for doing this.
Step-by-step instructions for submitting occasional pieces of curriculum:
- Tap the book icon in the upper right corner of Thread’s main screen.
- Select the program type you want to create.
- Complete the program exactly as you want it to appear in your curriculum library. Remember, you’ll be able to customize it later when you use it.
- Choose our test student B.F. Skinner under Apply this program to students.
- Tap Save in the upper right corner to save your new program.
- Repeat steps 1-5 for any other curriculum you want to submit.
Tell us you have new curriculum to add either via in-app chat (in Thread, tap the help ?) icon and select Chat with us) or email us at email@example.com. Be sure to include all the items in the example image above:
- Your name, email address, Thread team name and organization
- Program name
- Source location (Thread team name, instructor name, student name) - where is it now?
- The destination path (folder / subfolder) - where should we put it?
This method ensures the finished curriculum is exactly the way you want it. Please don't send us a document (e.g., Word) to load as curriculum. In the past we've run into problems mapping text correctly to the fields you have in mind.
We think our test student B.F. Skinner is a great place to organize your submissions, but we can also take a program already assigned to another student if the content is completely generic and it’s already there.