Last Updated: P20180330SBL
Please refer to the article Install or update Thread on the App Store unless a Thread team member directs you to use Apple’s TestFlight instead. This article covers using TestFlight to install Thread on your iPad for the first time or update to a new version. TestFlight was created by Apple for nimble beta development, enabling quick, responsive updates and point releases.
Steps to install Thread with TestFlight
- Click the TestFlight link provided to you by a Thread Learning team member.
- Enter your name and email address, then click the blue Get Beta Access button.
- You’ll immediately receive an email from TestFlight with subject "Thread Learning Inc. has invited you to test Thread Collect behavior data." On your iPad, open the TestFlight email and click View in TestFlight.
- You’ll see a list of three steps to accept our invitation. These include a link to get TestFlight from the app store, and your personal TestFlight invitation code. It looks like this:
- Click the link Get TestFlight from the App Store, install the TestFlight app, and tap OPEN.
- Choose Allow at the prompt, “TestFlight Would Like to Send You Notifications.”
- Tap the Redeem link (upper left) to open the Redeem Code dialog box. Enter your TestFlight invitation code and tap the second Redeem link. It looks like this:
- Tap the INSTALL button to install Thread.
- When the prompt changes to OPEN, tap to open Thread for the first time. Later, use this icon on your iPad:
Use TestFlight for version updates
These instructions assume TestFlight is already on your iPad. If not, follow steps above.
- Locate and tap the TestFlight icon on your iPad to open it on the App Store.
- If a new version is available, you’ll see a blue UPDATE button. Tap it to update.
This is the TestFlight icon. You may want to drag it into a Thread folder to keep it out of the way, but handy.